[olug] NFS

Brian Roberson roberson at olug.org
Wed May 14 04:19:11 UTC 2008

If you have sync'ed up all the UID's client and server, I would definately
get rid of all that root mangling! I think (fuzzy solaris memory) but it
defaults to squash root, and best practice is not to trust any remote root
anyways ;-)

Just as a quick test, change your dfstab to:

share -F nfs -o rw=client1,client2,client3 -d "pkgsrc" /usr/pkgsrc

and mount from the client. do an ls to wherever you mounted it (as a user
with file permisions on the export) and just try to touch a file (touch
/some/mount/point/foobar)

One other thing to note is to ensure name resulitions works 100% (FQDN and
Reverse) for whatever client's you put in your "rw" list.

if this still does not work, send the output of just running the "mount"
(no arguments) command from a client.