[olug] real time monitoring of apache?

Chris St. Pierre stpierre at NebrWesleyan.edu
Fri May 9 00:21:18 UTC 2008

On Thu, 8 May 2008, Ryan Stille wrote:

> Anyone know of a good tool to monitor an Apache server's real time
> performance?  My boss really likes the performance monitor tool in
> windows and wants something like that to monitor the apache servers.  It
> could be web based or run on a Win32 desktop.  Maybe there is something
> out there that streams in stats from the /server-status page? (he wasn't
> too happy with that, BTW).  I've been googing but haven't found anything
> yet.  Needs to be something free/open source.

I'm not familiar with the Windows performance monitor; can you detail
more of what you're looking for?

I'm wondering if some combination of sar, sar2rrd.pl, and
webalizer/analog/awstats (and maybe some custom glue) would give you
what you want, but more information about the requirements would be best.

Chris St. Pierre
Unix Systems Administrator
Nebraska Wesleyan University