[olug] Debian MRTG Help

Stsn Coleman stan at srcproductions.com
Sun Mar 30 02:32:33 UTC 2008

I'm having a hard time with SNMP and MRTG on a Debian Machine. While I can get OID numeric strings to work I can get any MIBS to work. I'll have to go back and get the exact error.when I'm back at the computer. but it says something like unable to translate and it goes through a large list of MIBs Not only do MIBs strings not work locally on the same machine I can pull them up from remote servers and deviced. Not sure I'm using the term. MIBs exactly correct but it's the Alpha character verssions I can get to work. Wish I was some place right now where I could get more data and logs but that will have to wait. If I could just get a working howto URL that would be great. So far every URL that I've googled has a different wa to do MRTG. I suspect the howto's where written for the Sarge version because most howtos have things I dont have. As an example while I do have an /etc/init.d/snmpd I dont have an /etc/init.d/snmp file and yes SNMP is installed. I've even uninstalled SNMP several times and reinstalled.