[olug] A TCP/IP mystery

Jay Swackhamer Jay at RebootTheUser.com
Thu Mar 13 00:30:28 UTC 2008

Is it actually tunneled, or are they using sftp/scp?(please dont tell
me they setup a ssh tunnel and then use FTP)

I've typically witnessed windows machines using sftp/scp/other
encrytion only getting around 3Megabytes/sec through an encrypted link
on a 100MB or 1GB network, and on the same network, two linux boxes
will get 10-11Megabytes/sec.

It would help to know what they mean by 'blocking'. Using tcp the
connection should be slower or faster, but not just hung.

--
Jay Swackhamer
Reboot The User