[olug] Old Dell 20GB laptop HDD...

DYNATRON tech dynatron at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 21:14:25 UTC 2008

if the firmware is off, you may be able to flash it.
i once made a device that hooks to the jumper pins which act as a serial
port.
the device had a RS232 chip and a molex for power.
you can initiate a terminal session on the HD through your DB9 serial.
i got the diagram off of a forum, and i've used it numerous times.

if you need to flash the firmware, let me know and you can have it.
i used to use it to unlock seagate drives, but i cracked a ceramic cap on
it.
i think i have a replacement though...