[olug] Sysadmin position in Lincoln

Obi-Wan obiwan at jedi.com
Fri Mar 7 23:14:22 UTC 2008

> They don't say anything on the listing about the compensation and
> benefits.  Is that somewhere else on the site or is it "sekret"?

It may be elsewhere.  The new jobs site just went live a month ago,
so I'm not familiar with it.  http://www.bryanlghjobs.com

Compensation is determined solely by HR, not by your future manager,
and is non-negotiable.  It's determined entirely by your relevent
experience.  I can tell you that the pay range for the SP job is
roughly $55-90K/yr -- again, depending on experience.

Benefits aren't bad.  Not stellar, but not bad.  Despite working at
a hospital, the health insurance is just average.  You start with
24 days of paid time bank per year, which is a single pool that
covers holidays, sick days, and vacation.  If you want to work on
Memorial day and use that time off elsewhere, that's OK.  The only
exception to that is death of a family member, which gives you
additional time off outside that pool.

If you have any more specific questions, email me off-list.