[olug] Omaha Cox at Home cable modem service and open/closed ports.

Luke -Jr luke at dashjr.org
Thu Mar 6 15:01:41 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 05 March 2008, Dan Linder wrote:
> My next big step is to see if I've let enough time go by to get out of my
> contract easily without having to fight the "early termination" stuff.

When I was planning to get the Biz service, I just modified the contract
before signing it. In the end, they didn't accept my changes, so I went with
the residential service.

> Once you get off the Cox network the speeds degrade dramatically.

I often see a sustained 1 MByte/sec on downloads off high-bandwidth sites, and
I only have 7 Mbit service... Seems pretty good to me in that regard.