[olug] Omaha Cox at Home cable modem service and open/closed ports.

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Wed Mar 5 15:16:37 UTC 2008

I've been using the Omaha Cox @Work service for about a year now after I had
to bring my web and mail server in from the ISP it had been at for years.

I've got my e-mail moved off, and I don't host anything very important on
the website but I was wondering if the @Home service that Cox provides still
blocks port 80 directly?  I know they block port 25 but I've got my e-mail
moved offsite.

If I switch back to Cox at Home, would I need to move to another non-80 port?

Dan
--
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" (Who can watch the watchmen?) -- from the
Satires of Juvenal