[olug] Myth TV / Cox Digital Box questions etc
bwatson1979 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 03:54:45 UTC 2008
1. Grab a Hauppage PVR-350 (dual tuner) from New Egg (~ $250).
2. Keep your COX digital cable box (for channels > 100)
3. Get a (coax) splitter
4. Obtain IR Blaster (www.irblaster.info)
5. Install some Myth flavor (I prefer the newest Mythbuntu release as
it is really simple).
6. Sign up for Schedules Direct ($20/year)
Feed cable signal (via splitter) to COX box, and the other feed to the
PVR-350. This allows Mythbuntu to view/record expanded basic (e.g. 2
Configure IR Blaster for COX cable box. This allows Mythbuntu to
change the channels on the Cable box for you.
Feed S-Video output on COX cable box to 2nd tuner input on PVR-350.
This tuner will now be able to record anything coming out of your
This "should" work.
On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 3:13 PM, Will Langford <unfies at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 1:17 PM, Mr Scsi <mrscsi at gmail.com> wrote:
>> This is where I started:
> DCT2224 box from Cox?
> OLUG mailing list
> OLUG at olug.org
More information about the OLUG