[olug] Anyone using monowall in a commercial setting?

Luke -Jr luke at dashjr.org
Tue Jun 24 14:12:56 UTC 2008

On Monday 23 June 2008, Dave Thacker wrote:
> On Monday 23 June 2008 13:49:01 Jay Swackhamer wrote:
> > I have been using the Vyatta router distro for a couple of years now,
> > no issues that weren't hardware based.
> >
> > Its been running on a Compaq DL360, booted from a CD(The internal SCSI
> > controller is dead, no HD), config stored on a floppy that's ejected
> > after boot.
>
> Man, you ought to get some kind of recycling award for that!

Not without a competition!

Compaq DL360 is still new enough to have PCI-Express and DDR2!
Hardly recycled ;)

Up until 3 years ago, when the IDE bus failed, I was using a pre-Pentium black
and white laptop + docking station for a NNTP server. Until about a month
ago, I had a K6-2 with broken PS/2 ports running my PBX. It had to boot from
CD because the BIOS couldn't handle the 120 GB hard drive.

Even if those are disqualified due to having been retired, not a one of my
running machines supports DDR2, and one even uses PC133. :)

I also have 3 extra cable modems (which appear to be available in excess) that
I'm using to learn embedded development (I'm trying to port Linux to the
Broadcom 33xx SoC series with them). Even if I don't get the recycling award:
anyone else interested in this project? I'm kindof stuck. :p

Luke