[olug] Debian forgets my mouse

Mike Hostetler hostetlerm at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 23:43:11 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 8:06 PM, Adam Lassek <adam at doubleprime.net> wrote:

> A reboot isn't good enough, actually. Have you powered down the machine
> since this started happening? If a ps/2 mouse gets messed up, it usually
> doesn't start working again until a cold restart.

Adam gets the prize!  Actually, it was a combo of re-seeting the mouse and a
cold start.  The machine probably hasn't had a cold reboot in about two
years,  so it was overdue.

I remembered that it's an optical PS2 mouse, which I think is quite rare.  I
picked it up at Menard's, of all places, about 4 years ago.
--
Mike Hostetler
http://mike.hostetlerhome.com/