[olug] Keyboard locks up in Kubuntu 8.04 (similar to losing mouse on Debian?)

Joe Gulizia jrguliz at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 19 17:26:54 UTC 2008

My keyboard locks up on occasion.  I'm using Kubuntu 8.04 on a Sony Viao PCV-RS430G machine with a Intel P4 2.80C GHz hyper-threading processor with 1.24 GB of RAM.  If I log-off, then I can correct the problem.

Any fixes short of that...there are times when the machine is slow to respond also.  It depends on what applications I have open or if a website has lots of video or intense graphics.

Thanks,
Joe