[olug] [Slightly OT] Public IPs through Cisco Routers

Dan Clough dclough at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 11:27:18 UTC 2008

Well, it's not technically Linux related, but here goes.

I'm trying to set up a Cisco router (a 2600 and 3600) to route between two
netblocks - 192.168.100.1 and 192.168.101.1.  The connection is over
Ethernet, so there's no insanely complex CSU or clock rate involved.

My problem is that every single source I can find on the web explains how to
set up Cisco routers with NAT.  I've already learned how to set up NAT on
the routers but what I need to do right now involves routing with public IPs
(I'm using private IPs just so I don't screw anything up if something gets
plugged into a production network).  To turn this into a scenario of sorts,
I have a /24 netblock and need to give a few servers public IP addresses.

Can anyone point me to a good online resource to get started?

Thanks,
Dan