[olug] [OT] Wanted: Guinea pigs with video devices

John Hobbs john at velvetcache.org
Mon Jul 28 23:19:01 UTC 2008

Not sure if this should be considered off topic or not.

I'm looking for some patient folks who have video devices and would be
willing to test software for me.

I've been working on a C++ wrapper for V4L & V4L2 that simplifies the
interface for those who don't "get" c or don't want to wade through
the API.  My problem is I only have a single webcam in my possession,
and now that I have full support for that device I need something else
to do :-)

If you have any type of linux compatible video device and are willing
to invest a little bit of time running some test applications for me
I'd be much obliged.  Just shoot me a message off list with your
device specs if you are willing to help out.

Also, if you want to check it out, the project page is
http://static.velvetcache.org/projects/libvcvideo/

Thanks in advance!

- John Hobbs

john at velvetcache.org