[olug] OT: windows 2000, ethernet aliases, webvpn

Brian Roberson roberson at olug.org
Sat Jul 26 23:21:10 UTC 2008

Will Langford wrote:
> <BIG SNIP>Now... despite all the extra 10.* entries.... why on earth is this killing 192.168.* ?

Unless the group/profile for the third party vpn connection allows split
tunneling, you are SOL. Since it is a Cisco Solution, I can 100%
guarantee that is does in fact support split tunnels, however, your
group/profile is probably not setup as so. This may be due to either
policy or shear misconfiguration. you can check this real quick by doing
a traceroute to a public site, such as google.com - If it in fact goes
via the vpn tunnel you know that split tunneling is more than likely
enabled :)

That is where you need to start, you need to verify split tunneling is
enabled. Once that step is complete, you need to ensure overlap on your
192.168's is avoided - using the Cisco client you can also review the
routes(SA's) that the concentrator forces you into, it should be a tab
called "routes"