[olug] [ot] where to buy ir blaster?

Will Langford unfies at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 01:59:50 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 8:25 PM, Bill Eberly <imjustabill at gmail.com> wrote:
> As far as I know, the guy who sells those makes them himself, so you
> probably can't find them locally. I have ordered one of his IR
> receivers in the past and had no problems with it or the service.

Someone's also mentioned buying a dual blaster from'em.

I believe schematics are available online... shouldn't be too hard to
grab necessary parts from digikey/jameco and fabricate own... hell,
maybe even sell/revshare with Jay @ RTU.... although I imagine the
demand is about nil :).  Although these things have uses in the
windows PVR world as well (i believe the free/opensource mce/myth like
things can make use of them (ie: channel.exe)).... still probably
nearly zero demand heh.

Although, I imagine doing a blanket order of 10 or so would be more
appropriate.

Off topic, but this week has been brutal at work, I've not had time to
fiddle with mythbuntu at home like planned :(

-Will