[olug] Broadcom wireless bcmwl5 !??? anyone??

BJones intoanother at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 20:20:19 UTC 2008

ok, i've now been through 6 different flavors and working on this for
over a month and none will allow this wireless card to work.  It's quite
obvious that i am going to have to create my own drivers  and software
to make this card work. anyone know any programming !?
or has anyone a super secret, top security, high clearance level secret
for making a broadcom bcm4318 (airforce one 54g)wireless lan controller
work. I've been through all the forums. tried all the ndiswrapper crap
and bcm43xx-fwcutter crap, blacklisting....blah,blah, blah....all a joke.
the card is recognized but not able to be config'd.
I am CURRENTLY running PCLinuxOS Gnome 2008.
someone PLEASE HELP, b4 i'm forced to go back (you wouldn't wanna lose
one to the other team!! ) :-)