[olug] lost partition table

Mr Scsi mrscsi at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 19:29:54 UTC 2008

I'm sure this must have been discussed somewhere along the way, but I'm so
mad at myself I can't think clearly.

I ran an upgrade this weekend and have 3 drives. sda, sdb are / and /home.
sdc was reserved as a full copy of /home.

Disk druid marked sdc as an unallocated lvm PV but never formated it, only
changed the partition table so I'm sure the data is still there.

How would I go about resetting it to ext3 format without losing all the data
so I can mount it?
Is there a was to recover the data natively in linux?

Any howto's, pointers and blatent hand holding will be useful as the spousal
unit is PO'd that I lost 3 years of pictures.

thanks
Andy