[olug] Ubuntu8 & Dell broadcom wireless.....WTH??

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Mon Jul 14 17:39:37 UTC 2008

Lets start with the basics.
1: What is the exact make/model of the wireless card?
2: Is it integrated on the motherboard, USB, PCMCIA, etc?
3: If it is USB or PCMCIA, what shows up in the /var/log/messages file after
you plug it in?
4: If it's USB, plug it in and run "lsusb -v" and send the output.  (If it's
PCMCIA or integrated, run "lspci -v" instead.)

Dan

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 5:56 AM, BJones <intoanother at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, so I recently install Ubun8 and my wireless won't work.
>
> I've tried everything I can get my hands on from every forum across the
> globe.
>
> None of them have worked.
>
> And oh yeah..i'm a newb !! :-) any suggestions?
>
> Tried the ndiswrapper with the bcm43xx blacklist thing…didn't work. Tried
> the firmware upgrade..didn't work.
>
> And we'll just say I'm not on that partition right now, otherwise I
> would've
> posted my logs. :-)
>
> But if anyones up for the challenge, let me know….i'll stump ya.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" (Who can watch the watchmen?) -- from the
Satires of Juvenal
"I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them." -- Isaac Asimov (Author)