[olug] Cox DVR questions...

Will Langford unfies at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 22:02:38 UTC 2008

> Coax connector is a non-screw-in type adapter ('world tuner?') and it
> didn't have the svideo/av break-out (break-in ?) cable, so it's rather
> useless.

Did some digging and given that it's connectivity and other hardware
might have it and this is my first exposure to it, I figured I might
be mildly helpful and pass it along.

Apparently the funky tunner connector is a male RCA soldiered onto the
PCB.  Doing some digging, it's apparently apart of a design called
"Multi-System" blah blah blah.  Apparently there's TV's and VCR's that
have these hookups.

An adapter ( WSS1905 RF ) runs about $5.

A picture of both ends of the adapter is:

http://www.world-import.com/images/ssghw1905.jpg

-Will