[olug] R.I.P. LUGRadio 2004-2008

Sam Tetherow tetherow at shwisp.net
Wed Jul 2 01:53:37 UTC 2008

Linux Outlaws gets some good press although I haven't listen in quite
some time.

I'm in the same boat looking for a new show.  I do enjoy LAS, but it is
an acquired taste ;)

Other shows that I've listened to at various points although lately it
has been pretty much is LUGRadio and Linux Action Show.

If people have others please share.

PodCasts

Software: Open Season - http://www.theregister.co.uk/software/open_season
   Discuss opensource and things related, not really linux focused.

FLOSS Weekly - http://twit.tv/floss
  Far from weekly but worth listening to

WebDevRadio - http://www.webdevradio.com/
  Focused on web development and usually pretty good although Michael
covers non-open software as well.

The Linux Link Tech Show - http://tllts.org/
  Very informal.  I haven't listened in quite a while but seemed
sophmoric last time I listened in.

Sploitcast - http://www.sploitcast.com/podcasts.php
  Security focused originally started by Harrison Holland (from Hak.5)
Very seldom puts out episodes anymore.

Productive Linux - http://productivelinux.com/

Lotta Linux Links - http://lottalinuxlinks.com/podcasts/
  Been a while since I listened but it was basically one guy talking
about various linux related things

SourceTrunk - http://www.sourcetrunk.com/
  Good review of opensource products.  Dimitri was having time issues at
one point and wasn't sure if he was going to continue, but I notice
there has been two podcasts this month

Linux Basement - http://linuxbasement.com/
  Started out as a show about Drupal but has expanded out to cover other
topics.  I haven't listened in a couple of months but he did have a
problem from time to time getting to mired in details (reading commands
and config files out loud) but he was getting better as the show matured.

Video Podcasts:

Cranky Geeks - http://www.crankygeeks.com
  Dvorak, Rupley and a couple of guests talking about tech stories

The GigaOm Show - http://revision3.com/gigaom/
  Om Malik and Joyce Kim usually interview someone of interest and cover
a bit of news.  On hiatus for the summer.

Systm - http://revision3.com/systm
  Patric Norton and guests DIY tech stuff

Tekzilla - http://revision3.com/tekzilla
 Patrick Norton , Veronica Belmont - tech stuff, usually not opensource
but interesting none the less

WebbAlert - http://webbalert.com/
  Morgan Webb covers the daily tech news in less than 10 minutes.

GeekBrief TV - http://geekbrief.tv/
  Cali Lewis covers tech news usually in about 5 minutes.

	Sam Tetherow
	Sandhills Wireless