[olug] $10 / 2GB MP3 player for Linux

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Tue Jul 1 19:14:22 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 1:50 PM, Luke -Jr <luke at dashjr.org> wrote:

> DVD players, car CD players, cell phones, etc don't *need* to play music.
> :)

But they do...   The DVD audio layer is MP3.  Or have you ditched your home
DVD player waiting to find a "Theora" player instead? :)

Remember, by buying DVDs you're bowing to the man, too.

I understand your concern regarding the MP3==closed and Vorbis==open stance
and your quest to find a 100% open player.  If I had a lot of disposable
cash I'd definitely purchase one that was FOSS friendly.  Since I'm not,
I'll take the next best thing: buy an MP3 player that I can afford that is
Linux friendly and skip the others that require a special driver or audio
format.

Dan

--
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" (Who can watch the watchmen?) -- from the
Satires of Juvenal