[olug] Anyone using monowall in a commercial setting?

Obi-Wan obiwan at jedi.com
Tue Jul 1 16:15:34 UTC 2008

I was out of town last week, so I missed this discussion.

> I have been using the Vyatta router distro for a couple of years now,
> no issues that weren't hardware based.
>
> Its been running on a Compaq DL360, booted from a CD(The internal SCSI
> controller is dead, no HD), config stored on a floppy that's ejected
> after boot.

That's just as well it was dead.  When I tried Vyatta on a DL360 G1
a year ago, they still didn't support the CCISS drive controller.
Maybe they've fixed that by now.  One of their developers tried to
walk me through installing their driver, but I wasn't interested in
monkeying with it.  I've got a lot of firewall rules, and their text
configuration interface was far too verbose for me to bother implementing
my setup.