[olug] Political statements and other oddities in software licenses

Dave Hull dphull at trustedsignal.com
Mon Jan 28 21:02:22 UTC 2008

I'm a fan of this license agreement from Cory Doctorow and company at
reasonableagreement.org:

READ CAREFULLY. By accepting this material you agree, on behalf of
your employer, to release me from all obligations and waivers arising
from any and all NON-NEGOTIATED agreements, licenses,
terms-of-service, shrinkwrap, clickwrap, browsewrap, confidentiality,
non-disclosure, non-compete and acceptable use policies ("BOGUS
AGREEMENTS") that I have entered into with your employer, its
partners, licensors, agents and assigns, in perpetuity, without
prejudice to my ongoing rights and privileges. You further represent
that you have the authority to release me from any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on
behalf of your employer.

--
Dave