[olug] Vacation with Postfix and MS Based Client

Dave Thacker dthacker9 at cox.net
Sun Jan 27 22:51:56 UTC 2008

You gotta love accountants....

Wife:  You know what I'd really like, I'd like to be able to set an out of
office message on my email.  Weren't you going to do that?
Dave: Yes, but you get upset when I mess with your computer.
Wife:  That's because you don't know anything about Windows.
Dave: I know enough to avoid it!
Wife: That's not helping.

So I've got a Postfix server using virtual users authenticating against a
little MySQL database.   I need to add vacations to the recipe.   A little
GTFI this afternoon produced:

-use a web front end: Squirrel mail seems popular
-use maildrop (but I'd have to turn that on and off for her)
-Yaa http://freshmeat.net/projects/yaa/
-gmail.  (but what's the fun in that?)

Anybody else been down this road?

Dave