[olug] IMAPS proxy?

Obi-Wan obiwan at jedi.com
Fri Jan 25 19:32:19 UTC 2008

>> I may give stunnel a try, too.  In that case, I'd still need an IMAP
>> proxy, as stunnel merely adds the SSL capability.  We're not gonna
>> expose our mail server directly to the outside world.
>
> Not sure how stunnel would increase your exposure over what a IMAP proxy
> would, but then maybe I'm missing something?

My point was that I'm not gonna install stunnel directly on the mail
server, so even using stunnel for SSL would still require me to find
an IMAP proxy to set in my DMZ and then put stunnel on that.  The fewer
pieces I have to cobble together, the better.  There will be other
less-Linux-fluent admins that may have to deal with this once I get
it installed.

> I'm pretty sure when we were at NIC we used stunnel to SSL proxy from
> outlook to Cyrus for corporate.

Yeah, I think that's what I remembered doing long ago.