[olug] IMAPS proxy?

Obi-Wan obiwan at jedi.com
Fri Jan 25 19:06:11 UTC 2008

>> The only IMAP proxy I've been able to find is a Russian program
>> named nginx (Engine-X), but English documentation is sparse, and
>> I can't find anything that tells how to configure an IMAPS proxy
>> (although it does claim to support it).
>
> I've heard _wonderful_ things about nginx, if you can get it going.
> It's supposedly fast as hell.

This morning, I ran across Perdition, which claims to do what I want.
http://www.vergenet.net/linux/perdition/

It hasn't been updated recently except for one security patch, and
the docs are still spotty, but far better than nginx.  I'm gonna
give that a shot and see how it goes.  Available documentation may
be the deciding factor on which route I take.

I may give stunnel a try, too.  In that case, I'd still need an IMAP
proxy, as stunnel merely adds the SSL capability.  We're not gonna
expose our mail server directly to the outside world.