[olug] ping modem

Christopher White slaeyer at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 18:08:41 UTC 2008

Here's another little tidbit that may help.  Try power cycling the
modem without the cable line connected.  This will typically place
most modems into NAT router mode, whereby the modem will begin
assigning IP addresses in the 192.168.x.x range (plug the cable back
in and power cycle to put the modem back into modem mode).  Once in
router mode, the modem's web page will also typically change in the
options you are presented with @ 192.168.100.1.  Keeping the modem
unplugged from the cable line for more than 15 - 20 mins resets Cox's
"hold" on the modem and will force it to reacquire it's connection
settings and tftp image from Cox.  Sometimes, that's all that's
required to repair a faulty connection.

Hope this helps,

Chris from Kearney