[olug] self extracting encrypted file, windows compatible?

Ryan Stille ryan at cfwebtools.com
Mon Jan 21 19:05:20 UTC 2008

Is there anyway to generate a secure, compressed file from my Linux web
server, that will be readable by Windows clients?

Self extracting would be ideal.   Requiring the clients to install
software to access their files will not go over very well...

If I could generate self extracting (.exe) zip files that are actually
secure, that would be perfect.   Any ideas?  I'm willing to purchase
software (for the web server), it doesn't need to be free/open source.

Thanks,
-Ryan