[olug] DHCP config

Craig Wolf CJWolf at mpsomaha.org
Tue Feb 26 13:48:51 UTC 2008

So, looking at my dhcpd.conf, no one sees an error there?  I am just trying to narrow down my issue location.  8)

>>> Obi-Wan <obiwan at jedi.com> 2/25/2008 >>>
> While I'm pretty sure there's a way to do IP's based on the interface
> received on...

There is (I do it at home), but it can only be limited by physical
interface.  Virtual interfaces are only distinguished by IP addresses.
Since DHCP discover requests are broadcast out on the ethernet and
aren't tied to an IP address, the DHCP server will always receive them
on the physical interface, not on a sub-interface.