[olug] Laptop Options 2

Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T jeffh at dundeemt.com
Tue Feb 19 22:03:56 UTC 2008

laptops:
Inspiron 600m
Lattitude D520 - intel 945
Vostro 1400 - geForce 8400 + envy

I specify intel based wireless adapters not the broadcom defaults that
come with dell laptops for the most part.  The D630 booted right up
under an ubuntu 7.10 live disc.  I carry an ubuntu disk (along with
others) and boot up any laptop I get a chance to try.

Thinkpads are normally a good laptop - I've installed ubuntu on lots
of older thinkpads.  Here is a review: Thinkpad T61 -
http://www.channelinsider.com/c/a/Reviews/Lenovo-Launches-Linux-Laptop-and-Leaves-Lots-of-Questions/
of a newer model.