[olug] DNS & NAT examples needed

home slice homeslice at packetfury.com
Wed Dec 31 21:31:23 UTC 2008

pfSense is really good.
Clark Connect (Community Edition)is also worth mentioning.

I used to have a cox biz line with 16 IPs, my roomate's Linksys didnt work
too well with alot of concurrent connections, we swapped it out with a Clark
Connect box, then later a bare DSL distro with IPforward.  The original
swapout provided about 1-3ms decrease in network latency, allowed more
connections, and didnt hiccup every 12 hours and drop SIP traffic.

I dont know what your budget is, but I would go with a small block of IPs,
and pfSense as a router.
Just my 2 cents.

Charles

On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 2:09 PM, Curtis LaMasters <curtislamasters at gmail.com