[olug] Amarok 2 is finally out.

T. J. Brumfield enderandrew at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 22:42:56 UTC 2008

Amarok 2 has less features overall than Amarok 1.4, but it now has
Plasma support for the middle/context view, so you can easily put
whatever type of applet yo want in the middle.  It has a new scripting
system, is built upon Phonon and QT, is multi-platform (Amarok on
Windows, Solaris and Mac!), etc.

Like Amarok 1, it is designed to "rediscover your music" so there is
heavy integration with the internet and internet services like last.fm
to find new music, shop for music, store your music online, find
lyrics, and artist info.  It pulls info from Wikipedia for other
albums by artist, artist bio, etc.

That being said, Amarok 2 is a rewrite and nifty, but it may not offer
all the options you are looking for if you're using to the 1.4 branch.

-- T. J.