[olug] Ubuntu 8.10 and multiple screens.

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Sat Dec 13 14:09:38 UTC 2008

There's an annoying bug present in Ubuntu 8.10 xorg when you use Xinerama to
configure multiple monitors.

The main problem is that the mouse quit responding to mouse clicks but
everything else continues to work.  A restart of X11 (Ctrl-Alt-Backspace)
would fix the mouse until the next time, but that's counter productive.
Here's the bug report:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nvidia-graphics-drivers-177/+bug/296167

There's a quick work-around until the bug is fixed that doesn't involve
restarting X11:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nvidia-graphics-drivers-177/+bug/296167/comments/67

I haven't heard of anyone experiencing this, but thought I'd throw this out
in case others had been fighting it silently.

Dan

--
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" (Who can watch the watchmen?) -- from the
Satires of Juvenal