[olug] Teachers are the obstacle between the classroom and Linux.

Luke Dashjr luke at dashjr.org
Wed Dec 10 23:31:21 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 10 December 2008 04:21:05 pm John Hobbs wrote:
> Luke, for your comment "Where did you get *that* idea?" about "I thought
> teachers were supposed to be smart people?" you should be ashamed.  There
> are many very good, very intelligent teachers who are working for a lower
> salary than they could get in the corporate world because they enjoy
> helping others learn.

There are *always* exceptions to almost any generalization. However, the
"education system", especially in America, was created with the intent to
indoctrinate children, not to truly educate them. Even out of the perhaps many
teachers with good will, for most of them, their own "education" is still from
this same system. It also inherently flawed because the role of education is
meant for parents, and any "education system" such as the one popular today is
designed to usurp the parents' role and allow them to neglect educating their
children themselves (in most cases, not a conscious neglect admittedly).

I am quite glad I was not forced to partake in this system, and I would
consider myself a bad parent if I willingly sent my children into it.