[olug] Windows Xserver

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Fri Dec 5 03:37:12 UTC 2008

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 2:05 PM, Obi-Wan <obiwan at jedi.com> wrote:

> OK, so what about setting up a VMware guest machine running any Unix
> OS and then, when you need an X server on your Windows desktop, you
> run the Unix client VM through VMware's free player and do all your
> X stuff from that VM client?

I've used this solution before - very nice to make a full-featured
X-terminal on Windows.

Check out the VMWare Appliance Marketplace:
  http://www.vmware.com/appliances/

Install VMWare Player on your workstation, boot the Appliance, and you're
ready to go.

Dan

--
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" (Who can watch the watchmen?) -- from the
Satires of Juvenal