[olug] Windows Xserver

Obi-Wan obiwan at jedi.com
Thu Dec 4 20:05:39 UTC 2008

OK, so what about setting up a VMware guest machine running any Unix
OS and then, when you need an X server on your Windows desktop, you
run the Unix client VM through VMware's free player and do all your
X stuff from that VM client?

VMware player can't create new clients, so you'd need to find somebody
with a paid copy to create the machine for you initially, but once
it's created, you can use the client however you like.