[olug] The (anti-virus) party is over... Long live the Mac!

Will Langford unfies at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 23:01:39 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 10:41 AM, Phil Brutsche <phil at brutsche.us> wrote:

> Irish wrote:
> > Apple is now recommended Anti-Virus software for Macs.
>
> A stupid & gullible end user on a Windows PC will be a stupid & gullible
> end user on a Mac.

Wasn't there some email attachment wrapped up in an application dmg or
something similar a year ago ?  Granted it took the user several steps in
order to execute it, but apparently many ppl did ?  Including entering the
root keychain pass ?

Multiple anti-virus things too.  Which means you'll end up spending up to
$100-$120 a year as just 'regular maintaince' on a mac.  Granted, similar
things are suggested on a PC as well... but... yeesh.  I should eventually
grab a personal edition of nod32 i suppose.

-Will