[olug] The (anti-virus) party is over... Long live the Mac!

Irish irish.masms at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 15:56:12 UTC 2008

Apple is now recommended Anti-Virus software for Macs.

--------------------------------
 From http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2550

Mac OS: Antivirus utilities
        • Last Modified: November 21, 2008
        • Article: HT2550
        • Old Article: 4454

Summary
Learn about antivirus utilities available for the Mac OS.

Products Affected
Consumer Software, Mac OS
Apple encourages the widespread use of multiple antivirus utilities so
 that virus programmers have more than one application to circumvent,
thus making the whole virus writing process more difficult. Here are
some available antivirus utilities:

        • Intego VirusBarrier X5, available from the Apple Online Store
License: commercial

        • Symantec Norton Anti-Virus 11 for Macintosh, available from
the  Apple Online Store
License: commercial

        • McAfee VirusScan for Mac
License: commercial

--
Timothy G. O'Brien, CISSP, GSEC, NSA-IAM

Irish dot MASMS at gmail dot com
HTTP://www.linkedin.com/in/obrientg-Allan

[snipped - FAQ for email trimming: http://kimihia.org.nz/articles/email/]
Discussion Groups: http://www.hoax-slayer.com/discussion-groups.html
Discussion List Etiquette: http://www.acfichapter.com/subscribe.htm
Properly Formatted Email Replies for the Lazy:
http://email.about.com/cs/netiquettetips/qt/et052704.htm
Mailing List Etiquette FAQ:
http://www.gweep.ca/~edmonds/usenet/ml-etiquette.html
and of course the all knowing Google:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=mailing+list+etiquette
A: No.
Q: Should I include e-mail quotations after my reply?