[olug] new quest fiber signs?

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 02:47:26 UTC 2008

i saw an ad on TV so i was searching.
A year ago, a Qwest T1 installer was telling me that Qwest was starting to
offer Ethernet to the premises.  He thought it would take 6 conductors, but
he could not tell me any other details - how far away you can be, does it
have POE for power outages...

20 Mbps download will not help unless the upload is increased to at least a
couple of mega bits.  Online backups do not seem to be working for us
because it takes more than 24 hours to do an upload.