[olug] new quest fiber signs?

Obi-Wan obiwan at jedi.com
Tue Aug 26 01:53:13 UTC 2008

> >From what I read, Qwest isn't running fiber all the way to your house.
>  They're just running fiber to each neighborhood.  Verizon is also
> running new fiber internet, and I think both are claiming 20 megs a
> second.

Are you sure about that?  I read an article a year or so ago stating that
Time Warner in Lincoln was running fiber all the way to the house in new,
upscale neighborhoods.  They had no plans to retrofit older neighborhoods,
unfortunately.  I have a hard time believing that Time Warner is cutting
edge on anything, so Qwest may well be running fiber all the way to the
house.