[olug] Multiple video cards and X11...

Jay Swackhamer Jay at RebootTheUser.com
Sat Aug 23 23:34:14 UTC 2008

Take a look at xrandr, you can now have a simple xorg.conf and
add/remove displays on the fly. Mainly useful with laptops with
external vga connections, but greatly simplifies configuration.

The safe line, would be to have all nVidia cards of the same
generation. Same driver for all. You should have no issues if they
have the same driver.

The performance difference in the cards you mentioned would only apply
to 3-d and the color-depth.

I've ran 7+monitors off of different cards in one machine.

--
Jay Swackhamer
Reboot The User