[olug] semi-OT: webcam for linux with local device

Will Langford unfies at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 19:18:29 UTC 2008

The webcam at the moment is kind of up in the air.  The current target is
probably a V4L composite capture card.  That might change to some kind of IP
camera system if needed, etc.  Basically, I have a wireless camera that
talks to a receiver that spits out composite ntsc.  At the moment, I'd be
fine with a logitech quickcam or some other cheap webcam to work for testing
the relay/server-stream abilities.

And the goal is to get this as close to 10fps as possible :).

-Will