[olug] semi-OT: webcam for linux with local device

Will Langford unfies at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 18:55:45 UTC 2008

Yeah, I was gonna wait for a reply before posting discovered bits about
camserv :).

I've also been looking at possibly ffserver.

If the V4L api docs aren't too bad... i can see it being plausible to render
into a 5-10fps mpeg/xvid, then have something take that and create a virtual
V4L device that decodes that stream....  although, being webcam based, needs
to be highly fault tolerant... hmmm

Playing with camserv is prolly first choice :)

-Will