[olug] OT: poll question

Luke Dashjr luke at dashjr.org
Tue Aug 19 17:10:29 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 19 August 2008 10:35:10 Will Langford wrote:
> The jist of it is, if I don't spend the $12 a week on ciggies, I'd spend
> that $12 a week on something else.... not pocket it for a big item some
> day.

(intentionally taking this to third person)

If somebody has this problem, he should really work on self
discipline/control, IMO. I would suggest he stop spending any money except the
real necessities (food, bills mainly).

Myself, I tend to make one or two non-necessity purchases a year, max.

My newest computer is an Athlon64 3200+ from 3 or 4 years ago, and it has
worked fine up until recently (dead PSU), with no need for a new machine. And
the interesting part is that I don't really even need it-- I do most
everything on my 1 GHz laptop. Anyhow, this is my view on necessities. :)

Luke