[olug] Cox DNS Changes?

Will Langford unfies at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 18:25:45 UTC 2008

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 1:21 PM, Dave Rowe <dave at roweware.com> wrote:

> Blast, I followed that thread for a while.  Must've missed it.  Thanks for
> the info.
>
> Now, I don't like this approach, are there other options?  Were they
> discussed?  I'll be checking my archives...

You're generally going to have to use alternate DNS servers.  Either Cox's
non-tainted ones, some other ISP's, your own from a dedicated box, opendns
or something....

Something that might be a nuisance, as I've not checked it on going through
cox's opt out procedure -- is if it still hands you the tainted DNS servers
via a DHCP request.  Otherwise, ya gotta specify stuff manually if you're a
non-static IP :(.

-Will