[olug] JBoss port conflicts - how to resolve them?

Chris St. Pierre stpierre at NebrWesleyan.edu
Thu Aug 14 15:05:57 UTC 2008

For future reference, 'netstat -tnlp' (or -unlp for UDP) rocks for
this sort of thing.

# netstat -tnlp | grep 8009
tcp        0      0 :::8009                     :::* LISTEN      5231/java

That last field is a pid/process name, which can go a long way to
finding out what's in the way.

Chris St. Pierre
Unix Systems Administrator
Nebraska Wesleyan University