[olug] Hauppauge TV card recommendations

Will Langford unfies at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 21:16:50 UTC 2008

>  Finally, I just have to say that once you start using one of these (a DVR)
>  your life will change :-)  No more commercials, no more "worrying" about
>  missing your favorite shows, etc.  The only thing you have to worry about is
>  hard drive space and the only thing that sucks is when you are actually
>  watching live TV (i.e. a program that you haven't recorded) and realize that
>  you have to actually sit there and watch the commercials...

Heh, yup.  Spike TV started airing Voyager from ep1 to finale back
when I got the DVR.  And also started grabbing the Gargoyle's series
on Toon Disney.

Going back through and watching & skipping commercials was all kinds
of nice :).  Sometimes be busy all week and then take a few hours one
night to go through and watched what missed, etc.

Definately can't go back to regular TV anymore :(

-Will