[olug] Hauppauge TV card recommendations

Noel Leistad noel at metc.net
Fri Apr 18 19:48:31 UTC 2008

Dave Thacker wrote:
> On Friday 18 April 2008 12:33:31 Eric P wrote:
>
> I have a 150 and it works well with Cox (I just have extended basic).   I have
> no idea what will happen after the great fiasco next February.    I have 4
> old school TV's and the Mythbuntu box all hooked up to cable, so I'm hoping
> they'll just work.   I'm sure Cox will find a way to get a nice rate increase
> in for this.
>
> Dave

the company I work for has decided to provide the signals that "analog"
tuners receive on their system until 2012 (?, I was at the meeting..?)

The H 150, 250, 350, & 500 will continue to work in those environments.
As a cable company, we DO offer some of the HD channels on our system on
the "higher" channels, but you need HDTV to view.

At some point, offering the SD channels in the analog range will become
limiting due to the amount of spectrum each analog channel needs in the
cable system. Our company has decided to support OLD TV's for quite a
period. I don't know what Cox has determined for there system.
Eventually, these "wide" offerings will have to go away in order to
provide additional channels in the digital format.

Apologies for the lame interpretation of the specifics.

I would assume that Cox has offered some kind of stance on how long
they'll be offering analog signals on there system??

#  Noel Leistad                                       #
#  noel at metc.net                                      #