[olug] Hauppauge TV card recommendations

Eric P eric.maillist at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 17:33:31 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to put together a MythTV setup, and it looks like Hauppauge TV cards (w/remote and IR emitter) may be the way
to go.

I don't have cable TV, but I will be getting a digital converter whatchamajig for my analog TV and 9' antenna.  So I'd
like to run the signal from that through the Hauppauge TV card/MythTV setup on the way to the TV.

I'm looking on eBay for something relatively on the cheap.  Can anyone tell me their experiences with any of the
prevalent models?  I'm seeing these Hauppauge card models: 150, 250, 350 and 500.  Also, I'm seeing Hauppauge WinTV Go
cards as well.  So I'm a little at a loss of what I should be aiming for.

Any help is appreciated!
Eric Pierce